How to make Plantain and Egg Frittata Recipe at home
Plantain and egg frittata is so delicious my dear, it will be good if you can try it at home. There are two different ways of making plantain and egg frittata:
- Using oven
- Using gas cooker
But today we are going to be talking on how to make your plantain and egg frittata using your gas cooker at home. The reason why we want to talk on the gas cooker method, is because not every one will have oven to use.
Let go straight to the procedures and the ingredient needed to use.
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 3 garlic gloves
- 1 seasoning cube
- 3 plantain ripe
- 3 table spoon of olive oil
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup of chopped sausage
- Vegetable oil
- ½ red bell pepper, cut in stripes
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon curry
- ⅛ teaspoon thyme
- ½ yellow bell pepper, cut in strips
- ½ green bell pepper, cut in strips
- ½ medium onion, thinly sliced
As you can see. we need up to 16 ingredients to make the frittata.
Now let talk about the procedures.
- Put your frying pan on your gas cooker
- Heat up 2 cups of vegetable oil in a frying pan
- Now, wash your ripe plantain thoroughly and peel of the skin. Cut the plantain into preferred shapes and preferred size, sprinkle salt to taste and mix it very well to combine them together.
- Now, drop plantain gently into the hot oil piece by piece, not to over crowd the pan. Fry on both sides for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a skillet, heat up olive oil on medium heat. Saute onions and garlic for like 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and leave to simmer for 2mins
- Now, add curry powder, thyme, ground pepper, seasoning cube, sausage and salt to taste. Stir and leave it to cook for another 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Finally, add bell peppers, stir and allow to simmer for 2 minutes, then take off heat and set aside
- Now, in a mixing bowl, whisk eggs and add sauteed vegetables, season with salt and pepper if necessary. Stir very well to combine.
- Coat frying pan with cooking spray or melted butter oil. Then pour the egg mixture into the frying pan.
- Now, lay the fried plantain gently on top of the egg mixture and cover the frying pan with a lid and place on the low heat, it is very important that you cover the frying pan with a lid and your heat is set to the lowest, so that the fritttata doesn’t burn
- When it is completely firmed up, especially in the center of the frittata, take off the lid and allow it to rest for like 5 to 6 minutes before serving.
Enjoy you frittata.
Check out our other categories here